In Case Interview Secrets, you’ll discover step-by-step instructions on how to dominate what many consider to be the most complex, most difficult, and most intimidating corporate job interview in the world—the infamous case interview.
Victor Cheng, a former McKinsey management consultant, reveals his proven, insider’s method for acing the case interview.
Having personally secured job offers from McKinsey, Bain & Company, Monitor, L.E.K, Oliver Wyman, and A.T. Kearney, he has also been a McKinsey case interviewer—providing you with a hands-on, real-world perspective on what it really takes to land job offers.
Cheng’s protégées work in all the major strategy management consulting firms, including:
– The Boston Consulting Group,
– Bain & Company,
– Monitor Company,
– A.T. Kearny,
– Oliver Wyman,
– Roland Berger,
– Accenture, and Deloitte,
– as well as in the strategic planning departments of numerous Fortune 500 companies.
Whether you’re an undergraduate, MBA, PhD, or experienced-hire applicant candidate, you’ll discover:
– What case interviewers really say about you behind closed doors but wouldn’t dare tell you—until now
– The subtle yet specific performance differences that separate those who get management consulting offers from those who don’t
– The 10 biggest mistakes candidates make in case interviews (and how to avoid them)
– The 3 specific things interviewers expect in the first 5 minutes of a case that often decide the outcome on the spot
– An insider’s take on what interviewers really look for and why—and how to give them what they want
Victor Cheng Biography
Victor Cheng is a strategic advisor to Inc 500 CEOs. He has been featured as an business expert by the Fox Business Television Network, MSNBC, Time magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The Harvard Business Review, Fortune Small Business, SmartMoney, Forbes, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine.
Victor is a former McKinsey & Company consultant and has been a senior executive in several publicly owned technology companies. He’s a graduate of Stanford University and is the author of Extreme Revenue Growth, The Recession-Proof Business, and Case Interview Secrets.
Lemon Records – 5.0 out of 5 stars: Pragmatic advice that works
Very good book. Helped me land a job at BCG. I used it in conjunction with Tom Rochtus’ ‘Case interview Success’ which is also excellent, but I found Victor’s book nailed it in terms of direct advice on what you should and shouldn’t do in interview. Having gone through a pretty exhaustive recruitment process myself, I’d advocate one of Victor’s main points which is practice, practice, practice the case studies.